Wayne Dyer says “our intentions create our own reality.” That is a pretty powerful statement. Let us say that aloud right now, my intentions create my reality!
Intentions can be glimpses of dreams, they can be a plan, a value that you carry with you, an addition or subtraction of a thought or an activity, a move toward the positive.
To go forward with this concept we should ask some questions of ourselves.
- What is important to me?
- What would I like to change?
- What would I like to improve?
- What direction do I want to move in?
- What new opportunities do I want to take advantage of?
- What intentions do I want to bring in to each day?
- Do I want to create a long range intention or new one each day?
Things to consider as you move forward with your intentions:
- Keep it positive. Don’t use negative terms such as “I never”
- Intentions should be connected to what you value.
- When thinking about your intention stay present in the moment.
- Take some time each day to meditate or think about the intention you have chosen.
- Have a conscious goal for the day, month or year.
- Use art or writing to express your thoughts and feelings about your intention.
For this month’s prompt create in whatever way you feel comfortable with. Journal and/or write about your intentions for the day, month or year. You can do as much as is convenient for you, it could be a daily , weekly or a monthly entry. There is not any wrong or right, enough or not enough to this process. It is about personnel growth in a mindful way to reach a greater awareness of yourself and your environment.