Pat Robair, member of Journal with Minfdfulness 2016, a Facebook group, kindly agreed to share her art technique for a journal spread she recently posted to the group pages.
Pat Robair’s Journal Pages
Here our Pat’s instructions:
To prepare: Gesso plain, white cardstock journal pages. Let dry.
- Paint prepared pages with black acrylic paint.
- Glue on birdcage cut out and news “scrap”. I use torn pages from craft magazines.
- Randomly stamp with background stamps. Then use embossing powder to add depth and shine.
- Spread gold Modellier Creme (any gold acrylic paint will work) on a gel plate, using a brayer to smooth it out, then press stamp on surface to apply gold paint. Stamp a large musical stamp directly onto the pages.
- Finish the pages by using Liquid Pearls in different colors. I squirted it around the page and made circles with my fingers.
- The final step (when completely dry) is to spray the whole thing with “Heidi Swap” spray. The shade I used is called Tea.
Pictured here is all the supplies that Pat used in her journal spread.